Photos of the workshop participants
Here you can view the photos, taken by the workshop participants. These are the best works, selected by the master in the process of joint discussions.
© Olesia Prisiazhnaia
© Irina Klimenko
© Irina Klimenko
106 photos from 10 authors
Colorist photographer. Devout color explorer and an author of numerous articles on photography and image processing. An author of The Living Digit book (published by Treemedia in 2013). A co-founder of the Fotoproekt, a chain of photolaboratories and a photoschool. An organizer and participant of a number of photo tours across Southeast Asia, Europe, the Middle East and other regions. An author of a very popular Russian blog on photography and travel.
List of participants is visible to the club members, who have attended at least one workshop.
About the workshop
We would like to invite you to join us for a trip to Western India between March 15-24, 2014. The group will be led by Pavel Kosenko, and the manager of the project, who will also accompany the group in India, is a photogrpaher Greg Shanta, who used to live in India for 8 years.
Workshop participation fee is 2400€ per person, including:
- 5* hotel accommodation (twin occupancy)
- participation to the practical workshop on photography and processing, photography review sessions
- train tickets from Ahmedabad to Mumbai (high speed double deck comfortable train)
- air tickets from Mumbai to Goa
Additional individual expenses (not included):
- cost of the air ticket to Ahmedabad / from Goa
- lunches, dinners
- alcoholic beverages, personal expenses - transfer from/to the airport
Single accommodation supplement – 500€.
Deposit (non-refundable) – 600€.
*It is India, so there is a small probability that we will be constrained to replace the stated hotels with others of the same class.
This is a practical workshop on steet and genre photography. In a good company and led by experienced photographers. The workshop envisages mainly individual shooting on sites, as well as some joint sessions with the group leader.
Who should join the workshop?
The program is primarily designed for the photographers, who prefer and are prepared to shoot individually (or in small sub-groups of 2/3 persons), once accompanied to the location of the shooting session. At the same time, anyone can join the group. There are no particular requirements as regards to the photo equipment or the level of preparedness. The only thing that you need to have is a desire to shoot artistically. For the beginners, it is desirable to master basic shooting skills, some knowledge of camera controls and elementary skills in photo processing, so we lose less time on discussing technical aspects.
The best is to fly to Ahmedabad, and back from Goa. The depaerture date depends on your desire to stay for some time in Goa (for a beach holiday).
Peculiarities of the trip
1) It is advisable to have cloths that you are ready to throw away after shooting the Holi festival of colors, since the paint and powder, with which you are very likely to be covered in the process, is very hard to wash off.
2) For the same reasons, it is advisable to acquire inexpensive disposable rain covers and lens filters.
3) For those, who wear optical glasses, it is advisable to prepare a couple of sets of eye-lenses
4) Detailed information on how to eat safe in India, as well as on etiquette, which would maximize the efficiency of your photo shooting, will be sent to each of the participants in advance.